Senior Pastor Search
On this page, you’ll find updates from the Senior Pastor Search Team throughout the process of finding the man God has set apart as the next Senior Pastor of First Baptist Powell.
A Call to Prayer and Fasting
November 13, 20
Call to Fast and Pray each Wednesday, spend time praying each week. Prayer Guide Distributed weekly (please see above).
Community Thanksgiving Service at First Baptist Powell
Corporate Prayer emphasis: A Call to Repentance
Corporate Prayer emphasis: A Call to Confession
Corporate Prayer emphasis: A Call to Fear the Lord
Solemn Assembly: A Celebration of God’s Goodness
PRAY FOR THE TEAM
- Humility to seek God’s will; that we would put any opinions to the side and die to any pride in our lives.
- Unity of mind, of mission, and of goal – to bring God glory
through everything we do.
- Discernment so that we don’t sacrifice the great for the good.
- Wisdom from God.
- Spirit-led, rather than leaning on our own understanding.
- Protection by guarding our minds and hearts and be faithful to spend much time each day seeking the Lord.
- Guidance by clear Biblical criteria and not by personality.
- Endurance to be steadfast and focused and not grow weary or discouraged.
PRAY FOR THE CHURCH
- Fervent prayer because the prayers of a righteous man avails
- Seek Christ by seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness.
- Preparation with an excitement and anticipation of what God will do amongst the body.
- Gospel witness
- Love others by being imitators of God as dear children and walk in love.
- Worship that we would be an offering and sacrifice pleasing to God.
PRAY FOR PASTOR PHIL
- God’s leading to direct Pastor Phil and his family as they enter into this new chapter.
- Grace poured out on Pastor Phil and his family.
- Love that we as a body show Pastor Phil and Kathy and that we would come alongside them to help as they navigate this transition.
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
- Tracy Amanns
- Barbara Kelley
- Tom Latham
- Trish Masters
- Steven McGhee
- Mike Petty
- Joe Pope
- Eric Sams
- Diane Shipley
- Randy Smith